Kind of like the week in review, but for the month. But I suppose all you smarties already figured that out!
The monthly review will feature the following things: stats for work-outs and an up-to-date goals assessment (basically a review of the goals I listed here and here). What good are goals if you don’t review them and know where you stand with them, right?
So let’s get started shall we!
Swimming: None. I had hoped to get in the pool just to swim around, but it just didn’t happen. Totally not worried about it because A- I feel confident in my swimming and B- my first tri isn’t until the end of May. Grade N/A
Biking: 12.7 Miles. Yup, that’s it! No biking outside and probably not until at least March. Just sticking with the lame stationary bike for now and if I ever manage to get it together, I will go back to spin class too! Grade C-
Running: 40.4 Miles. I am super proud of my January miles. I stayed focused on my schedule and completed my miles each week. Having a February race and being in the PiF 500++ mile club helped with this immensely. According to the plan, I should be at about 54 miles a month, so I am shy of that but I still have no doubt that I will meet my goal of 650 miles for 2010! Grade B+
Cross-Training: 3 Hours. Little less than I would like but I am happy with it for now. Grade B
Strength: 3 hours and 15 minutes. Grade B+
- Stretch More- I am really putting in an effort with this and with the exception of a few occasions, I have been stretching before and after every work-out, plus at night for good measure. Grade A-
- Abs Challenge- I didn’t realize how tough it would be to keep up this with, but I am determined to stick with it. I haven’t seen to much of a difference yet as far as how I look, but I do feel a difference in my core. Grade B
- Pilates- I went only twice, and once it was cancelled. I did a at-home session, but it’s not the same. Now the class is on a school night so I have to try to make the Sat morning class which was too much while moving. Grade C-
- Up the Mileage- 40.4 is the most miles I ever ran in a month!! YES! Grade A+++
- Brave the cold- Only on the weekends, because it is also still too dark in the mornings but when I can, yes, yes, yes. See this post. Grade A
- Two-A-Days- I don’t plan on starting these until March. Grade N/A
- Eat Consistently I didn’t do as well as I liked, but I made huge improvements from before. Grade B-
- Budget Food- The first half of the month this was a complete fail but since I have been back home I am doing really well. Grade C+
- No Soda- Not one soda. Over a whole month as of today. And I miss my Diet Coke, I won’t lie. Grade A
- No Scale- Easy breezy when I was living on my own because I didn’t have a scale, but my parents do and I have weighed myself twice since I have been home. Grade C+
Overall Grade B; a good solid B is something I am super happy with!
Current Book: Only school books. But I am bringing Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult on the plane with me in two weeks. She is my favorite author and when this one is done, I will have read all her books!
Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Teen Mom. I really gave a lot of thought to actually admitting that!
Current Colors: Black is always in style. And pink…lots and lots of pink for the Donna 1/2!
Current Obsessions: wanting Spring to get here! I miss warm weather and baseball.
Current Drink: Diet Green Iced Tea
Current Song: “I wanna rock” by Jay-Z and Snoop. Love the original song and love both of these artists.
Current Wish-List: A new car. Mine is only a few years old but I was duped into a crappy deal financially and would like to get out of it. Hopefully, I will have a new car by Spring.
Current Need: Less homework- the reading/writing is killing me. This is self-inflicted because I am an English major but still.
Current Triumph: Sticking to my AM workouts twice a week. Haven’t missed once since the New Year!
Current Bane of my Existence: The doorbell at my work in the mornings; we have a security system and the person who is supposed to answer the door is often nowhere to be found. So the bell just rings and rings and rings all morning.
Current Goal: Meet my February running miles.
Current Blessing: Full nights sleep in a warm bed.
Current Indulgence: Girl Scout Cookies. Must.Stop.Eating!
Current Excitement: Florida in 13 dayyyyyyyyyyyssssss!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!!
How was your January? Do you often re-asses your goals?