The monthly review features stats for work-outs, an up-to-date goals assessment and a fun little meme. If you missed it, you can read January here and February here. I was injured and ate a lot in March, so no need for a review there! And if you don’t care, that is cool too. I am a Type-A numbers person so this is mostly for my own good.
Swimming: 3 times a week all month for a total of 5hours and 25minutes. Swims are a mix of timed 400′s and 800′s and different drills and include a warm-up and cool-down. I have been progressing nicely and am most proud of my swimming this month! Grade A+
Biking: 24.3 miles. All on the stationary bike. I am still not allowed to take spin class and haven’t taken my bike out because every chance I get the weather gets in the way. Grade B+
Running: 7.2 miles. This is HUGE since there was zero running in March. I also walked 7.6 miles as well. I am very happy with this all things considered! Grade A
Cross-Training: 40 minutes on elliptical. Honestly, there just wasn’t enough time this month with all my ART and PT appointments. Had to get in the quality workouts and cross-training just fell to the way-side. Grade C-
Strength: 5.5 hours which is due in most part to my PT sessions. 30-45 minutes of PT is based soley on strength training and combining that with what I am doing at home adds up. Woo-hoo! Grade A+
- Stretching- Between PT and at home, I am a stretching maniac! Grade A+
- Abs Challenge- Some weeks were better than others but overall I am pleased. Grade B
- Pilates- Not allowed due to injury N/A
- Up The Mileage- Not possible due to injury N/A
- Two-A-Days- Only a handful, but the more I pick up my running, the more of these I will have. Grade C+
- Eating Consistent- I consistently ate like I was still working out like I was before my injury. I got back on track this past week but mostly I feel gross. Grade D
- Budgeting Food- Doing very well with this. Still eating out more than I shoud, but I am food shopping and packing lunch on the regular. Grade B+
- No Soda- Not a one since Dec 31st! Woo-hoo! Grade A+
- No Scale- I weigh myself about once a week. It is awful but the scale is right there and I cave now and then. Grade C
Overall Grade B+ ; Given my limitations, I am very happy with the month of April. It was both physically and emotionally challenging but I got through it; I have no doubt that I will be back to new in May
And the meme to make things fun-
Current Read: New RW came in the mail yesterday!
Current Shame-Inducing Pleasure: Honestly, I don’t think I have one currently
Current Colors: Yellow for the sun
Current Obsession: Flip-flops…tis the season
Current Drink: Coffee, Iced Tea and Water. Not a whole lot else.
Current Song: Over by Drake. I jam out to that like the white girl I am!
Current Wish-List: A place to use my bike trainer…I am starting to think it will be on my front lawn!
Current Need: A nap
Current Triumph: I’m running again!!!!
Current Goal: A 5k on May 15, would like to finish in 12/minutes miles. Amazing how goals change given circumstances.
Current Blessing: Some days, I think everything is a blessing.
Current Indulgence: Mr. Softee
Current Excitement: Phillies game on Cinco De Mayo!!