Swimming: 14,000 meters. Swims are a mix of timed 400′s and 800′s and different drills. They always include a warm-up and a cool-down. I killed it this month in the pool! Grade A+
Biking: 21.7 miles. Got on the spin bike a few time and went on two outside rides. Grade B
Running: 13.9 miles. I am increasing my mileage steadily and getting faster with each run. I finally feel back to my pre-injury self. Grade B+
Cross-Training: 8 miles of walking and 50 minutes on elliptical. Now that I am back in full training mode, I am having a hard time fitting in the cross-training. Grade C
Strength: 3 hours and 40 minutes. Did very little of this outside of PT sessions. I need to seriously pick it back up! Grade C-
- Stretch More- I am a stretching machine. I don’t even think of this as a “goal” anymore, but rather something I just do. Grade A+
- Abs Challenge- SLACKER in this department. My PT kills my abs and I use it as an excuse to be lazy the rest of the week. UGH! Grade D
- Pilates- N/A until June
- Up the Mileage- Back at it…10% rule and I are like BFF! Grade A
- Two-A-Days- Love these and have been doing them once or twice a week. I am happy with that. Grade A
- Eat Consistently- I am really really really trying. Grade C
- No Soda- I had one soda this month (so one total since Jan 1) as part of a mixed drink at the Phillies game. It was called a seven-inning stretch and it was filled 1/4 way with Sprite. It was yummy, and only a small bit, so I didn’t (and still don’t) feel guilty. Grade A-
- No Scale- I am back to weighing myself a few times a week. It is right in the bathroom and too much temptation. UGH! Grade D
Overall Grade B; I am happy with my May training but really looking forward to picking it up in June. Now that I am close to being done with PT and virtually living and training pain free, I am really beginning to feel like myself again
And a Meme:
Current Book: Just finishing The Ultimate Runner by Amy and Tom from the Runners Lounge. Stay tuned for a review.
Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Dad camp is the saddest, most ridiculous show in a long time. And I cannot stop watching. These dudes are proof that any idiot can have a kid (but you need a license to fish??!?!)
Current Colors: Yellows…I love summer!
Current Obsessions: counting down to the last day of school for students! Get em out…I am so ready!!!!
Current Drink: Iced Coffee
Current Song: I have been listening to all my old school Dr. Dre, Biggie, Jay-Z and Method Man. Back when hip-hop was good!
Current Wish-List: Aero bars for my bike!
Current Need: More hours in the day please!
Current Triumph: Did you see that May swimming??? And those miles?!?! Woo-Hoo!
Current Bane of my Existence: Idiot parents at my school!!!
Current Goal: To swim, bike and run more in June than I did in May. I got this!
Current Blessing: Freedom
Current Excitement: Last day of school for students!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!