Anyone still here…anyone?? Anyone??
It has been almost a full month since I have written! So much to get caught up on!
Unless you are on my Facebook (and if you aren’t, why not?) you might have thought I died. Or was kidnapped. Or that I hate blogging. Don’t believe the rumors- none of the above are true. The truth is, I was so overwhelmingly busy that I could not sit long enough to finish a post. But now things are calmed down a little and I am ready to give you the updates. And there are some major updates!
- I turned 30- That’s right folks, I am officially in the 30 club! And honestly, I feel great! I am so happy to be out of my 20′s I cannot even tell you! Plus, turning 30 has been so much fun…I had a surprise party back in May and then over my birthday weekend I went to Boilermaker to celebrate with 9.3 miles with two of my closest friends. Last weekend topped off the birthday festivities with a trip to Baltimore with R2. We stayed Friday-Sunday and had so much fun. Yeah…hello 30, I think I love you!
- I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!- I did it! I finally left my old school and got a new job! This is the best news and best thing to happen to me in a long time. I feel emotionally more stable and so much less stressed out. I have been sleeping through the night again, not freaking out over dumb stuff and can enjoy my weekends more because I am not thinking about work. I feel like my prayers have been answered! I start in two weeks and I cannot wait!!!!!!
- I am still racing- Since I last wrote I raced the Boilermaker, Splash and Dash and NJ State Triathlon. See below for race reports- they were all good ones!
- R2 and I are still amazing- I am not the mushy mushy type and I certainly dont talk much about my relationship publicly, but seriously…how lucky am I to have such a great guy. R2 has been there for me every step of the way while I searched for a new job and is ridiculously supportive of my racing. We have so much fun, we are almost always laughing and we genuinely like each other so much. It has been a great six months!
- Marathon Training is underway- That’s right…the official training has begun. I don’t want to rush summer or wish time away, but I will be glad when the race itself is finally here. This training is daunting!!! I have to be honest, I don’t see myself ever doing a second marathon!
Three Race Reports!
Splash and Dash- Splash and Dash is a local swim/run race held in memory of a local boy who was killed in a car accident. It is held at night and super fun. I had a pretty good swim and used the run as a training run so it was so-so. I was happy with it overall and can’t wait to do this race again!
Boilermaker 15K- Hello automatic PR This race totally lives up to its hype. While I wanted to kill myself up the first 3.5 miles of hill that seemed endless (hi, I train in SJ!!) I love love loved all the course support. I am not even kidding, there was support every single step of the race! People everywhere- more music than anything 1/2 marathon I ever raced and water/aid stations everywhere! I went into this race with some shin pain and random back pain so I wasn’t sure what to expect out of myself; in the end, I was really happy with my time. 15K- 1:48:23. Slow, steady and recovered well from it- stuck with the plan and it worked!
NJ State- This race was last weekend…you know, in the 92387 degree heat. Which honestly, was still better than last years weather. This was my first full tri this year- up to this point I had been doing only relays. I went in thinking I would see how I felt and take it from there. Listen- I KILLED the swim. As in…20th out of 103 in my age group and 375th out of 1362 overall. KILLED THE SWIM. I felt like superwoman coming out of the water and was rearing to go! I zoomed in and out of transition and started the bike. Ugh…the bike. My disdain for the bike runs deep and my goal was to do the same or better than last year, although my lack of bike training had me thinking I might not make it. However, I did…beat my time last year by a few seconds Hey, I’ll take it! Once again, I zoomed in and out of transition and was ready to run. I should clairfy…I was ready…my legs, notsomuch! Took me a solid mile to get my legs back, but I knew I was doing so well overall that I kept pushing and smiling. I crossed the line with a THREE MINUTE PR. And I couldn’t have been happier!!!
Racing- This weekend I have Belmar tri, one of my favorites. After that, my concentration is really on running. Getting through this marathon training without injury and feeling good and confident. I have a few 5k’s in August where I hope to work on my speed and then the WildWood half-marathon at the end of the month. The WildWood half is going to be a good indicator of where I stand in my training. They will have pacers and I plan to use one; my hope is I can keep the pace for 13.1 and reach a solid PR, which will give me confidence for the full marathon. In September, I am running the Jersey-Liberty Half Marathon. This is purely a training run with no PR expectations. In Oct, I am running the LBI 18-miler (falls right into my schedule perfectly) and then November is the marathon!!!!
Life- I have a little over a week of in between jobs ending and beginning and then I start the new school year. I am not the least bit sad to leave my current job (although I will miss most of the people, most families and the students) but I am scared/nervous/excited for the new job! In September I will be heading downtheshore for my yearly, much anticipated, vacation. Other than that, I am just feeling really blessed right now in my life. Lucky, and blessed.
You know I wouldn’t leave you without photos!!! Here’s a hodgepodge of race photos from the S&D and NJ State…
PS-It goes without saying that my Reader was out of control, so I deleted everything and I am starting over today. Please update me on anything awesome I may have missed!