Found out yesterday that I was the winner of Kim’s knock-knock give-away
I love the knock-knock stuff and could really use this after the past month I have had, so I was double excited! What a great way to start off a Monday morning! And a great reason to check my mail
Recently, Nicole posted that she would need some help with what to pack in her gym bag. I realized when listing my items…mine might be a little ridiculous! I use a simple ADIDAS bag; it is usually stuffed with little room for anything else. No wonder it is so heavy!!!! The thing is, I get ready at the gym so often (sometimes for work, sometimes for after work, sometimes on weekends) that I had to buy double of the important things to have when getting ready. It just became too much of a nuisance to keep packing and unpacking. And it was beyond frustrating when I would forget something; especially if it was something I couldn’t be without.
In my gym bag-
- Extra socks, underwear, a regular bra and sports bras. Pretty much the worst ever when you forget to pack those!
- Sliders to wear in the shower. I would rather go to work like a sweaty pig then dare step in a gym shower without shoes.
- Hair-dryer and flat iron. I wouldn’t subject anyone to what my hair looks like without them.
- Lotion. Big bottles. Two of them; in case one runs out. Because I am obsessed with lotion.
- Towels. I forgot my towels once. I dried off with a single t-shirt that I luckily had in my bag. It was not fun. I never forgot towels again.
- Change of clean clothes. Bet you had that one guessed.
- Hair ties. At least 342 of them.
- Shower needs: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razor. You aren’t supposed to shave in the gym showers. But since the rules about walking around naked in the locker room and sitting on the benches without a towel get broken all the time by women who have disgusting hygiene, then I figure what is the big deal if I shave my legs in the shower?
- Small bottles of lotion. Listen, I said I was obsessed.
- Deodorant. I try not to smell.
- Advil. If I have a headache and plan to go from work to the gym, I won’t go. But in the time it takes for Advil to kick in, my commute from work to the gym is over and I am ready to work out!
- Gas-X. Why more people don’t take this before running, I will never understand.
- Make-up. Sometimes, I get fancy.
Other side pocket-
- Goggles, swim cap and fins. I don’t like any of my swim stuff to touch anything that is non-swimming. Oh, to be so Type-A.
Ok- so fess up! Are you an over-packer? Do you use a gym bag at all? Pack and re-pack or have doubles of things?