First week of scheduled training is complete and I am happy to report that despite my busy week and moving and unforseens…I still completed all the workouts slated for the week. To say I am proud of myself is an understatement and its possible I am becomming a fan of being on a schedule.
In response to the first week…some goods and bads…
- Obviously its a GREAT that I finished all the workouts. I was really unsure if I would be able to fit them all in, but I made it work. I know there will be times when its not possible, but I am determined to make it possible as often as I can. No excuses!
- Even though they were short, I ran really well in all three runs. I was really sore today but pushed through. Mental strength is tough for me, so this was a huge positive.
- Despite being sore, I paced 11:33 today, my best since I started running again. I knocked :33 seconds off my time in just under two weeks! This gives me confidence that I will only keep getting stronger with time.
- Squeezed in an abs workout and an arm workout.
- Got a lot of work done at my new place- extra strength training 🙂
- Despite having a great pace today, I think it could have been even better. I was really sore and my legs weren’t working very well in the first mile.
- I have been trying to get on a better sleep schedule and this week there were more late nights than early. Some nights its just hard because I dont get in until after 9pm, and setting the clocks ahead didnt help either, but some nights I stay up later than I should just because I am a night owl. I would like less of those nights.
- My nutrition has really taken a beating. Basically with moving I havent been food shopping so that equals school lunches and scrounging for breakfast and dinner foods. One of the things I am looking most forward to after the move is food shopping. I am doing the best I can with what I have, but its not much.
Overall the week was a success. Hopefully I can keep up the good work. Cause even though I have made a lot of progress, I still have a long way to go. And the season will be here before I know it!