I was right about one thing…this past week was busy busy busy. I am looking very forward to Spring Break beginning this Friday 🙂
Given how busy I knew I would be I was prepared to miss some workouts, and I did, but it turned out much better than I thought.
- My team, UNC Tarheels, are going to the NCAA Championship!!!!!
- I completed my first brick of the season. I hate bricks but it is where I need the most work- the fact that I got through the first one is good news.
- I had a great run on Sunday morning. I love running outside and I love running in the morning. It was even better because the weather was near perfect. The best part is, I am finally consistently pacing under 11:00/miles…with one month left till Broad Street I am really hoping to be back @ 10:00/mile and I am starting to believe that is possible!
- Got in some extra strength training which I have been lacking as of late.
- My ab work is really paying off…I was trying on bathing suits and could definitely see a difference.
- My girls won their softball game. Winning is fun 🙂
- Not that it is necessarily a “bad” since I was prepared for it, but I didn’t get my swim in, missed Yoga and had to nix a run. Basically it was exactly what I had prepared for- and even though that made it less frustrating, it still sucks to miss workouts.
- I was all set two times this week to swim but still didn’t swim. The first time the pool was packed (like two people in every lane packed) and on Saturday I planned to go to the gym later (after aqua-fit) but woke up super early and didn’t want to wait around just so I could swim. The upside that is in place of the swimming I did my extra strength training. So more like a trade-off, not so much a bad.
I am really looking forward to this week and next week because I have quite a bit of time off work and I have so much to get done! I desperately need to catch up on schoolwork and housework. Hopefully they will both be good workout weeks as well.
I realize how boring this post is now that I have reread it…hopefully I will have something more exciting to talk about later. I am actually in the process of compiling some questions I have in hopes I can get some good feedback. Stay tuned….