So I am almost positive I am going to wear my IPOD this weekend. Hopefully, I can get to the store and purchase the headphones that Kristin reviewed before the race because mine are just about on their last leg.
In honor of my first half, I made a special playlist. This is one example of how random my music taste is! Some of them are obvious running songs and some are completely random, but they all have a reason for being on the list. Here I listed each song and (for most) one line from each that is my favorite in terms of running.
Mr. Brightside- The Killers.
- “it’s just the price I pay, destiny is calling me”
Perfect Gentleman- Wyclef
- This is a completely inappropriate song; it’s about a stripper and has nothing to do with running, but I start jamming at the: “Turn up my symphony! Drop a BEAT!” and therefore it gets a spot on the list!
Eye of the Tiger- Survivor
- This is a love it or hate it song. I only like it in terms of working out or running. “Now I’m back on my feet, just a man and his will to survive”
Jesus Walks- Kayne West
- “The only thing that I pray is that me feet don’t fail me now.”
Fighter- Christina Aguilera
- “‘Cause it makes me that much stronger, makes me work a little bit harder”
Crazy Train- Ozzy Osbourne
- “I’ve listened to preachers, I’ve listened to fools, I’ve watched all the dropouts who make their own rules.”
Send the Pain Below- Chevelle
- Title says it all “Send the pain below”
Boom Boom Pow- Black Eyed Peas
- “Harder, better, faster, stronger…cause we got the beat that bounce, we got the beat that pound” As lame as the song is, it is impossible not to get pumped up by the beat- I secretly (now not-so secretly) love this song!
Hero- Foo Fighters
- “The best of them bleed it out, while the rest of them peter out”
Move Along- All American Rejects
- “And even when your hope is gone, move along, move along just to make it through”
Born to Run- Bruce Springsteen
- “Another one where the title says it all “baby I was born to run”
Dare you to move- Switchfoot
- Once again the title wins, “Dare you to move”, but this whole song is one big giant lyric I love.
Feeling like that- Gary Allen
- “Trying to catch another thrill with a thousand other fools, we were running, oh but that’s just running.”
- “Don’t let them hold you down, reach for the stars”
Since you’ve been gone- Kelly Clarkson
- “But since you been gone I can breathe for the first time” Nothing to do with running, but the whole reason I started on my Triathlon journey (which led to running) was because of a break up. And I am so much better because of it.
- “You wanna make it a reality paved in gold”
Once in a lifetime- Talking Heads
- “And you may ask yourself, where does that highway go?”
All These Things I’ve Done- Killers
- “the battle is won, with all these things that I’ve done.”
The Boss- Rick Ross and T. Payne
- “I got a fresh line up, fresh outfit” Again, not a “running” song, but it has a great beat and therefore great jam factor!
Lose yourself- Eminem
- “So here I go, this is my shot, feet fail me not, cause may be the only opportunity that I got.” This song was made for getting pumped up. The whole song is great.
Was that my life- Jodee Mesina
- “I can’t run this race believing I might lose; there’s still so much to see, and so much left to do. Yes, I’ll fall before I fly, but no one can say I never tried.”
Stronger- Kayne West
- “that don’t kill me, can only make me stronger”
Faith of the Heart- Rod Stewart
- “I’m going where my heart will take me I’ve got faith to believe I can do anything.” This is one of the most uplifting sings ever. Sometimes, if I am having a tough time, I repeat it.
Under Pressure- David Bowie and Freddy Mercury
- There really isn’t just one good line in this whole song in reference to running or working out or anything, but it’s about being under pressure, which is how I usually feel on race day. I love how powerful it is and it always makes me want to move.
I am still looking to add a few songs. Do you have specific running playlists? What are some of your favorite running songs?