Tonight the 8th grade graduates. Tomorrow is the last day of school for kids. Friday is the last day for teachers.
Yes, as I mentioned before, I still work in the summer but it is such a nice break from the students and teachers. Here is a short list of reasons why I don’t mind working in the summer:
1. We work 4 day weeks. Self explanatory.
2. Sometimes, we work from home. Again, self-explanatory.
3. The atmosphere is a lot more casual, therefore I can dress/look a lot more casual. This makes getting ready in the morning much easier. Usually I wear shorts or jeans with a nice top and throw my hair up in a ponytail or bun.
4. A much easier morning means more time and more time allows for morning workouts! During the school year I might get a morning workout in once every two weeks or so, but in the summer I try to make it to the gym every Tuesday and Thursday morning for spin class. This year I am also going to run one morning a week. I prefer morning to evening workouts and I like the idea of having my nights free.
5. For the most part, in the summer the only people who are here are my boss and myself. For a six week period of time there is summer school so for 4 hours a day during those weeks there are a few students/teachers around but its nice because it isnt every day and I still get to see some people.
As you can see, there is plenty of reason to be just as excited as the teachers and students when it comes to summer break!
In Tri news….25 days until Philly Womens Tri. 🙂 I have been doing a lot of bike riding and dare I say…I feel comfortable on the bike! I really think I will do okay. And by okay, I mean not come in last on the bike. All my training has been going really well and I am starting to get really excited.
I am currently toying with the idea of 2 upcoming 5k’s. Last year I did quite a few 5k’s but now that I am working on longer distances I didn’t really plan for any; just decided I would wing it. There is one next weekend that I think will be a day-of decision and one of the 4th of July that I am 99% sure I am going to sign up for this week.
I officially signed up for the Baltimore Half in October. Its a popular race; is anyone reading running?
I have some big news to share, but it deserves its own post so you will all just have to wait 🙂