Week In Review; 1/11-1/17
Running- 9.2 miles for the week. Wednesday: 3.1 miles on treadmill @ 10:10 pace. Really good run! I was a little worried about my shins but I got through the whole run problem free. Saturday: 6.2 miles on treadmill @ 10:34 pace. This was Casey’s “virtual 10k” which was perfect because I had a six mile run planned anyway. I planned to run it outside but had already packed all my outside gear (RoadID, bottles, fanny pack…etc) so on the treadmill it was. I won’t lie, the run was tough- hard to focus the first two miles or so…too much on my mind with everything I knew I had to get done. But in the end, I ran the miles and felt great for doing so!
Biking- I got nothing.
Strength training- 30 minutes of at home pilates and uh…does moving count?
Abs challenge- 200 for the week. FAIL!
Cross training- 15 minutes on Elliptical, Wednesday morning. Still boring…still trying.
Weekly High: I ran 6.2 miles on a treadmill. Up to that point, I had never run more than 5 miles on the treadmill. I knew it would be boring and tough to get through, but I did it and I was really proud of myself.
Weekly Low: I just couldn’t manage my time this week. I spent so much time packing and moving that there simply wasn’t enough time to get in more gym time. I hate using time as an excuse but I really have no other reason. I hate having so little to show for the week.
- I am writing this from my parents house. I am home again.
- I have a feeling, that while I am transitioning, my work-outs will suffer. I feel that as long as I get my runs in and some form of cross-training every week, I will bounce back just fine when I am settled.
Life: Last night I went out for my best friends birthday celebration. I had originally had other plans and was going to miss out, but those plans changed so I was able to make it. I was bummed about my original plans but really happy I could make it out for Jessica’s birthday. We have known each other since we were little girls and get closer with every year. She is a friend, that I know will be a friend for life. Here is a photo from the night:
Three things I am grateful for this week:
- Help. I received so much help this week from family and friends and I appreciated it more than I could ever put into words. Moving is exhausting and definitely not something that can be done alone. I am so thankful for all the help I had with this transition.
- My Parents. This is not the ideal situation for me but I am fully aware that it is not the ideal situation for them either. I feel incredibly lucky that they are so supportive of me.
- My Tuesday night class. It is everything I had hoped and more. I love it and cannot wait for every Tuesday of the next 15 weeks!
Quote of the week: “If babies held the same tendency toward self-criticism as adults, they might never learn to walk or talk. Can you imagine infants stomping, ‘Aarggh! Screwed up again!’ Fortunately, babies are free of self-criticism. They just keep practicing.”