Week In Review; 2/1-2/7
Running- 14.3 total miles for the week. Wednesday– 3.1 miles @ 10:21 pace. I did the first mile at easy pace because my legs were a little sore/stiff and then did the last two miles at tempo. Despite the bit of stiffness, this was a great run! Friday– 2.2 miles @ 10:36 pace. This run was part of an indoor brick. It was pretty short because I was rushed for time. My legs felt a little heavy but mostly good. Sunday– 9 miles @ 10:37 pace. I really wanted to find a way to run outside but it just wasn’t going to happen. I have never run more than 6.2 miles on the treadmill before so this was a huge challenge. I didn’t love it, but I did it.
Biking- 20 minutes (4.7 miles) Friday as part of the brick. I don’t think I will ever be a fan of the stationary bike.
Strength training- 30 minutes on Saturday shoveling snow…so lower back, upper back, arms and muscles I didn’t know I had.
Cross training- Elliptical- 20 minutes Wednesday.
Abs challenge- 500! Yeah!!!
Weekly High: Surviving the treadmill on Sunday. It was tough but I felt so accomplished when it was over! Another hurdle jumped!
Weekly Low: Missing a day at the gym because of the snow. There was no way I was going to get there and I really struggle when my routine gets screwy!
- I did drive to my old gym today, because if I was going to run on a treadmill, it was going to be one I liked. It is totally out of the way, but was worth it for me.
- The grand finale total of snow for our area was 22.5 inches…and we are supposed to be getting 12 more inches dumped on us Wednesday! I don’t care how much it snows as long as it stops before the 18th so I can fly down to Florida where it is nice and warm. And warm right now is pretty much anything over 40 degrees, as we have had below 20 degrees for much too long as this point.
- In an odd twist, I like my Thursday night class better than the Tuesday night one. My magazine class is a complete let down 😦
- I really wanted the Saints to win today. Ever since I was a little girl I liked the Saints (I even had their jacket- quite possibly the only fan outside of New Orleans!) and there was no way I wasn’t rooting for them! I was so ridiculously thrilled when they ran that last touchdown in!!! Oh, and the bonus is, I won $250 on my pool!
Three things I am grateful for this week:
- 2-hour delays- Tomorrow we have a 2-hr delay. Love them because they don’t count against us at the end of the year but we still get to sleep in.
- Sleep- Now that I do not have a monster living above me making my life hell and subtracting numerous hours of sleep from my life, I feel so much better! I can actually decide to go to bed and just go to bed. Ah, simplicity!
- Gas attendants- Here in NJ we don’t pump our own gas which means that others are out there in the freezing cold doing it for us. I had to get gas today and was thankful not to have to get out of my warm car.
Quote of the week: “Those who say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones doing it”