Week In Review; 2/8-2/14
*Note: Earlier this week I thought I had done something to my groin, but as it turns out, it is my hip flexor. Bummer news, but it could be a lot worse! Luckily, it is only a very slight strain and my doctor thinks I will be fine to run Sunday. He suggested some days off (I didn’t run Tues-Sat) and stretching and icing. I ran jogged slowly today and felt good so I am hopeful that I will be okay for next weekend. And if I am feeling iffy about it, then it has already been decided we are just going to walk/jog the entire 13.1 and have a blast anyway!!!
Running- 5.2 miles total for the week. 2.2 miles @ 10:50 pace on Monday. 3 miles @ 11:33 pace on Sunday.
Biking- 45 minutes (9.2 miles) on Friday and 20 minutes (4.2 miles) on Sunday.
Strength training- I shoveled snow three times on Wednesday and two times on Thursday. Trust me, that was a killer work-out! In addition, I lifted for 30 mins total- biceps and chest.
Cross Training- Elliptical-15 minutes Monday.
Abs Challenge- 400.
Weekly High: Still going to the gym even though I couldn’t run. It was tough but I don’t want to lose my fitness, so I did it.
Weekly Low: This was a low week in general 😦
- There will be no Week In Review next week- instead you have a three-part series to look forward to about my trip 🙂
- Reminder: my giveaway ends this Wednesday 2/17.
Life: I mentioned a few times over the last year that my Pop-Pop is sick, and he isn’t doing well. If you have any thoughts/prayers etc, that you can send to my family, please do.
Three things I am grateful for this week:
- Thursday’s weather report- Sunny, sunny, sunny!!!!!!! No chance of snow and no chance of a flight delay!
- Sun- Speaking of the sun…it actually made a small appearance today! Oh, how I have missed it!
- Extra change- I always throw my change into a jar (except for my miles- that goes in my special container for PiF 500+ Back on my Feet) and I saved enough since fall that it covered my flight to Florida and some spending money! Proof that small change really adds up!
Quote of the week: “You must listen to your body. Run through annoyance but not through pain.” – George Sheehan