The monthly review features stats for work-outs, an up-to-date goals assessment and a fun little meme. If you missed it, you can read January here. And if you don’t care, that is cool too. I am a Type-A numbers person so this is mostly for my own good.
Swimming: Nope again! But it starts tomorrow; was going to hit the pool today but really needed the rest. Grade N/A
Biking: 20.1 Miles. No outside biking until the snow goes away (if that ever actually happens). And once again, no spin class. Grade C
Running: 46.7 Miles. More than January, so that is a plus, but still behind for where I should be in regards to my goal. Depending on my hip, and how the month of March goes, I will have to determine if I can still make up the miles down the road for my goal of 650. But for not…forge on! Grade B+
Cross-Training: 3 hours. Same as January. Eh. Grade B
Strength: 3 hours. Again, about the same as January. However, I feel like these sessions were much more efficient than last month. Grade A-
- Stretching- I have been stretching like you would not believe. I stretch in the morning, in the shower, before and after work-outs, at night…if I can, I stretch. Grade A+
- Abs Challenge- I really kept up with this, hardly missing any weekly numbers…and the best part is, I am starting to see some results! Grade B+
- Pilates- I am 2/4 this month…once I missed because of snow and once because last week was pure chaos and it just wasn’t going to happen. Both times, the reasons I missed were pretty much out of my control so I feel good about this. Grade B+
- Up The Mileage- I did more miles this month than last which means another monthly mileage PR 🙂 Grade A+
- Brave the cold- No. I am over the cold and snow and I refuse. Insert pout face. Grade F
- Two-A-Days- Not starting until March. Grade N/A
- Eating Consistent- Bout the same as January. Doing well, but room for improvement. Grade B-
- Budgeting Food- Big improvements here! I am packing lunch 3-4 times a week and making dinners at home almost every night. Grade A
- No Soda- Not one soda since the first of the year! Grade A+
- No Scale- I weighed myself only once. And that scale stares me in the face everyday. Grade A-
Overall Grade B+; the F killed it but it is still overall better than January so I am happy with that 🙂
And the meme to make things fun-
Current Book: Just finished Dean Karnazes Ultramarathon Man. Honestly, I think his ego is the size of Texas and that he is a bit of a blowhard, but at the same time it is difficult not to be inspired by him. He has done amazing things and I think he is a genetic masterpiece.
Current Shame-Inducing Pleasure: This was a one-day and done thing but on my snow day, I watched a few hours of Blind Date. I used to watch this in high school and I never knew it was still on in repeats. Hysterical good time that makes me happy about my boring life!
Current Colors: Blue because I am sad about my hip 😦 And green in preparation for the Shamrock!
Current Obsession: March Madness. My Tarheels had a really horrible year but I still love me the madness. Since I can’t root for my boys in blue, I am all about the home team Nova. But, for the record, I am calling Syracuse to take it all.
Current Drink: Water. Making it a priority and carrying a water bottle with me everywhere I go.
Current Song: “I wake up in the morning feeling like P.Diddy” is in my head cause all the girls sing it in the hallway. What does P. Diddy feel like in the morning anyway????
Current Wish-List: New hip flexor please
Current Need: Lunch…I am starving!
Current Triumph: Staying positive during tough times.
Current Goal: Start swimming and outdoor biking.
Current Blessing: Supportive family and friends.
Current Indulgence: Vanilla almond granola with vanilla ice cream and honey. YUM!
Current Excitement: Shamrock. Even if I cannot run, I am still looking forward to the trip.
How was your February? For a short month it seemed awfully long! Bring on the Springtime 🙂