Welcome new readers~ I have been doing a Week In Review since I started my blog, but because I was injured over the last six weeks I was unable to do it because well…I had nothing to review! Even though I really didn’t do much this week, it is a lot more than I have been able to do over the last two months. And I am so excited to ACTUALLY have a week to review!!!! Yeah!
Week In Review; 4/5-4/11
Running- Uh, yeah…no. But I did walk 5.5 miles total miles with some jogging mixed in 🙂
Biking- The only biking I did this week was at PT; two times both for 10 minutes which came to about 2 miles each time.
Swimming- Got in the pool twice this week. Did 30 minutes each session of laps with no kicking. Awesome arm workout! Felt great to be back in the pool!
Strength Training- I am kicking butt in this area…doing an hour 2x a week at PT for my hip/legs/glutes and on my own I put in almost an hour of arm/chest work.
Cross Training- Little elliptical for about 15 minutes to warm up but that’s it for the week.
Abs Challenge- Every day….seriously. Now where the f is my six pack???
Weekly High: Spring Break!!!!
Weekly Low: I ate/drank like it was Spring break!
- The training doesn’t look like a whole lot, especially in comparison to my training this time last year. But I know I have to be patient with myself as I continue to get better. And when I think about the fact that just six weeks ago I was on crutches, I feel really good about how far I have come and how much I am doing these days!
- MRI results tomorrow!!!!!!!
Life: I am 99% sure I am going to walk/jog Broad Street. I know I can control myself from running because not controlling myself is what got me here in the first place. So if the weather is nice, I am pretty sure I will be out there. Thanks for all the advice!!
Three things I am grateful for this week:
- Springtime- we had a little surge of summer this week with 90* weather but I really do love Spring so I am happy to be in the low 70’s with sun for a while.
- Friends- I am always grateful for friends, but especially this week because I got to catch up with so many people over Spring Break. During the week it is tough to find time and weekends are always so busy for everyone…a break is a great time for catching up and reconnecting!
- My job– I am thankful to have a job even if it isn’t something I love doing. NJ is really being hit hard with unemployment in public schools and I know I am lucky to still be working. Of course I would love to stay on Spring Break forever…and get paid 🙂
Quote of the week: “We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”