Week in Review; 4/19-4/25
Running- 2.3 miles @ 13:03 pace Saturday. Good run…did more running than walking, a step in the right direction. Hoping to run 2.5 this week under thirteen minute pace.
Biking- 8.3 miles on the stationary bike Saturday. Still not allowed to do any spinning.
Swimming- 1 hour 45 minutes total. All morning swims. Monday 40 minutes and Wednesday 30 minutes both with pull buoy for entire swim. Friday 35 minutes; warm up with buoy, 800 meters timed and a cool down. All things considered, I did really well with the timed 800. It is not a time I would ever be happy with, but give the circumstance, it is a good base for me to work up from.
Strength training- 2 hours PT and an additional 20 minutes on arms.
Abs challenge- 300 or so…another lame week. When I wasn’t training, I was totally on top of this…I must find a way to fit it back in!!!
Cross training- Does Spring cleaning count??? Cause I found muscles I didn’t even know I had and they are sore!!!
Weekly High: I am really proud of the time I spent in the pool! And my workout Saturday was awesome…I love days at the gym when I don’t feel rushed by the clock and I can just workout!
Weekly Low: My job situation.
- I officially decided against Broad Street. Done deal. Another race…another DNS. That total is now three. 😦
- The truth is, I am not even ready for a 5k at this point. I am looking towards a 5k in the middle of May and a 5-miler the first week in June. Then come July, I will begin training for the September half.
Life: Don’t even get me started. It was a bad week!
Three things I am grateful for this week:
- Co-workers who are also friends. ♥
- Healthy lungs. Tomorrow will be 15 months without a single cigarette!!!
- Time to heal…met up last week with a friend who I had a falling out with a few years ago; we made up a while ago but it was ackward a little. This time it was nice to hang out like old times again.
Quote of the week: “When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!”