Wow- did we really just finish the sixth month of the year?!?!? Already!!! Is it just me or is this year flying? I feel like I have been through so much this year and done so much already this year that time is just getting away from me. And summer isn’t slowing down for one second.
Swimming: 12,200 meters. Swims are a mix of timed 200’s 400′s and 800′s, different drills and free swims. They always include a warm-up and/or a cool-down. I swam less this month than in May, but I feel like they were all quality swims so I am okay with the dip in meters. Grade A
Biking: 37 miles. I feel like a slacker when I see this number and it motivates me to kick ass in July! If I don’t get over my fear of biking this season, my bigger fear is that I never will…Grade C
Running: 17 miles, plus 9.5 miles walking. Post-injury running has presented me with a lot of set backs. I am still uping the mileage month-to-month which is a postitive, but I am also let down that I cannot do more yet! I try to make up for it with walking and the confidence that I WILL be better soon! Grade B
Cross-Training: N/A; I really don’t do much of this is the summer between training and racing.
Strength: 1 hour and 15 minutes. Not a total fail but pretty pa-the-tic! Grade D
- Stretch More- Like a crazy lady still! No more whammies injuries! Grade A
- Abs Challenge- Honestly? I lost count. And that’s good thing! Grade A
- Pilates- You know, truth is…I just don’t think I am ever getting there. Ever. N/A
- Up the Run Mileage- Hell yes! Grade A
- Two-A-Days- Not as many as I would like, but more than last month! Grade B
- Eat Consistently- Meh- I do really good until dinner. Then I usually scrounge because it is too hot to cook. Grade B
- No Soda- I had a diet coke this week. What the hell pizza shop doesn’t have water OR iced tea….REALLY???? Grade A-
- No Scale- Here’s the thing…when you gain weight, you don’t want to weigh yourself. I feel as though I have gained, so I haven’t weighed. Grade A
Overall Grade B+; I can live with that! Here’s to July being my best month yet! Lots of great races coming up too!!!
Year to date totals; Jan-Jun
Swimming- 38,000 meters
Biking- 122.3 miles
Running- 132.2 miles
Walking- 25.1 miles
Strength/Cross Training- 23 hours and 25 minutes
All things considered, I am feeling pretty good about my numbers. I did not start swimming until April 6, so YTD is a little misleading on that one. And the entire month of March was pretty much a wash because of my injury. Still not where I want to be…and I think I have to resign myself to the fact that 500 running miles might not happen for me this year. But that is okay; honestly, I will be thrilled if I can just get my second YTD numbers all higher than the first. And I see no reason why that is not possible!!! So all in all, I really am pretty proud of these numbers.
What are you most proud of through the first 6th months of the year?