It dawned on me recently that most of my posts throughout the summer have been race reports and week in reviews. (Have I put you to sleep yet with the mediocrity???) What better way to get back to the basics than with a list format post- yeah list format 🙂
But first…I have to tell you all about my amazing track workout from Thursday. Let me set the scene: had the track pretty much to myself. My team does a weekly track workout but I was early so I got started by myself. It had rained earlier and while there was still humidity, I had a nice breeze. I have a 5k coming up and I am really determined to beat or get close to my time from last year. Last year…you know…when I was basically at my peak–> perfect weight, no injuries, running amazing…etc. I feel like if I can run close to what I did last year it will be a testament to how far I have come this year through all the crap. So I set out with a goal to do two 4×400’s at a 9 minute pace. I warmed up with some stretches, a slow two laps around the track and some bleacher running. And what happened next even blew my mind…
1- 2:04 1:57 1:59 2:06
You see that right- TWO 400’s under two minutes. And a total of 8:06. REALLY?? Did I seriously run that- yes I did!!! Woooohoooo!
2- 2:06 2:05 1:48 2:14
Gee, can you guess when my teammates showed up?!? Haha. My teammate Ryan challenged me to run one lap with him. He runs 1:30 400’s and I was already kind of out of gas so I had no idea how I would do but I was really pleased to pull a 1:48. Of course, I followed it with a 2:14, so clearly I bonked!! Still…8:13…after an 8:06…who is this girl????
- Yeah, so that track workout was awesome- however, my legs are STILL feeling it and I have 5 miles on deck for tomorrow. Totally pushed it- felt great but next week I will be bringing it down a notch!
- Fran mentioned that I need to update my sidebar- so true! I am like two months behind! I need to get on that for real…gotta get all my PR’s in 🙂
- This is a non-race weekend. I won’t lie, I am enjoying the break!
- I entered into Jamoosh’s HARD CORE CLUB because…well, I am friggen hardcore obviously. But also because I like to be held accountable and I am tired of my jeans being to tight in the waist. So yeah, one week down and I am not only alive but kicking ass and taking names. HCC-bring.it.on. I’ll be bouncing quarters off these abs in no time. At least I better be after all this ab torture!!!!
- Teachers come back in two weeks- kids come back in three weeks. LALALALALALALA I don’t want to think about it!
- Today was our Team 5 year anniversary picnic. Small turnout which was a disappointment but those of us who did go had a blast! I cannot remember the last time I went down water slides, jumped off high dives and just swam around for fun. We had great weather and it was an overall good day!
- I leave for vacation soon and I cannot wait. I got downtheshore for three weekends straight and it is BLISS!
- Don’t forget to enter my give-a-way here 🙂
Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend 🙂