I feel like one out of every five of my posts begins with “I cannot believe how fast the summer is going” but it is so true. This might have been the fastest summer ever! And the next month or so is going to be Crazy with a capital C!
I wouldn’t want anyone thinking I up and stopped blogging- don’t need any broken bloggy hearts around here 😉 so here’s the low down incase I go missing for days at a time.
- I am moving back out on my own- WOOOHOOO! Living back at home after being out for three years was not easy. My parents are easy people and I get along with them great…but me being back was tough on us all in different ways. I always felt in the way and they both felt bad because they knew it was not my ideal situation. But we made it work for over six months and here I am getting ready to head back out! I am going to be living with a teammate of mine, who is also a friend, and we are both very excited!
- Moving out in September is perhaps the WORST TIMING EVER! I would have loved to move in either August or October. However, we found the most perfect condo and would have been stupid to pass it up. So despite the fact that I am on vacation for three weekends in September and Michelle (the roomie) is away one weekend, we are moving. I will be moving in on a Tuesday night (could I get more random?) during the first week of school being back in session (I really am crazy!) while trying to keep up with training! I think I need a nap after just typing that sentence!!!!
- Yeah you heard me…this girl is finally taking a vacation. Much needed for sure! I’ll be soaking up the sun, laying poolside in Wildwood. Ahhh, love! The thing is, because my vacation falls during the start of school, I have to travel back and forth for work. No joke. That is, by the way, the irony of my life. Vacation looks like this:
- Head down Saturday…stay until Tuesday. I took Monday off work- my one and only day off (outside obviously of weekends) all summer. I’ll come right from the shore and go to work Tuesday morning. Then I’ll leave right from work on Friday and stay over the holiday weekend. Again, I’ll come right from the shore to work on Tuesday. The final weekend I took off Friday and will head down Thursday after work. Then I will come home on Sunday afternoon. Yes, it is hectic…and a lot of driving (1.5-2 hours each way, each time) but it is so worth it! Worth.Every.Minute!
- While I am on vacation, I will not be getting lazy. I am actually doing a Tri this Saturday before I leave. I also have a 7-mile race on the 5th of September. Obviously, in addition to this I will be keeping up with my weekly workouts as best as possible.
- And the dreaded start of the school year! The craziness there has already begun. Parents calling, teachers complaining and kids whining. I am drowning in paperwork, feel like I am going to lose my mind and working very long days without lunches. This time of the year is the absolute worst for me. I get little sleep, I stress out and feel overwhelmed. Somehow though, it all comes together in the end. (Thank God for vacation!)
- The end of September is PDR (yeah yeah, Philly Rock and Roll…but it will always be PDR to me!) which I hope I am ready for. Ia m still toying with changing around my fall race schedule but haven’t been able to come to a clear decision yet. Thinking about defering Baltimore to next year and giving myslelf a break in between PDR and Philly half. However, I am also thinking of keeping Baltimore and just not doing Philly. Ack- I hate making decisions!
So there you have it…the next few weeks will probably be full of short posts, blurbits and little commenting. I will have my laptop on vacation but I try not to be on it too much while I am away. Just know, while I am kicking it poolside with a glass of white wine after having slept in…I will be thinking of you all 🙂