Day 2: Something you love about yourself.
A few years ago this would have been really tough for me. I still find it a little tough even though I have come to terms who I am and what I do love about who I am. I always found it hard to determine what it was about myself I loved, without thinking about what others love about me. How does one learn to perceive themselves without the perceptions of others getting in the way?
Things I love about myself:
- I am resilient. I am strong. I have bounced back from so much in my life. I am able to self-reflect and learn from my mistakes.
- I have a work ethic that is hard to come by; many employers are missing out on a great person simply because I have yet to earn my degree. That paper says nothing about who I am as a person.
- I am capable of anything once I put my mind to it.
- I am loyal to a fault. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. I like that my friends/family know they can count on me.
- I love to have a good time. Having fun is fun 🙂
- I love that I am unafraid of saying what I think. I will stick up for myself or others even against the crowd.
- I love that in crisis, I can usually pull myself and others together.
- I will stick to my convictions even if they get me in trouble. I will never apologize for my morals or beliefs.
- I love that I am willing to face most of my fears but I don’t beat myself up over the ones I am not willing to face.
- I love my sense of humor. I think my ability to laugh at myself if one of my better traits.
- I love that I am not afraid to get in a car and just drive. I love that I am okay traveling alone but can travel well with others too.
- I love that, even though I might be a perfectionist, a little bit anal and slightly obsessive-compulsive, I have learned to embrace those things as a part of who I am.
- I love that I was able to easily write this list!
And a few materialistic things:
- I love my blue eyes.
- I love how my butt looks in jeans.
- I have GREAT hair!
- I love my scars- they are little reminders of where I have been and experiences I have had.
- I love that I can be girly but prefer to be in jeans and a t-shirt.
What do you love about you?