The truth is, I am in the mood to blog but my thoughts are such a mess. Between Jessica passing away a week ago and my friend Will being so sick, I am just so over-emotional. I took off today because I am having furniture delivered and I am looking very forward to a long afternoon workout.
For now, this. Which I stole from Andrea.
1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
The only fuel I use during runs is GU. And it has to be TriBerry. Nothing else has worked as well or as consistently. For tri’s I use Bloks in transition, but still GU on the run.
2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
My favorite distance is 10 miles and I do not think there are near enough 10 mile races. The only one close to me is the Broad Street Run which I haven’t ran since 2009. The race has gotten so out of control, I cannot stand the thought of running it. This year, they capped it at 40,000 people. No thank you.
Depends on the weather, but I HATE running in pants. I train in shorts but love racing in skirts. So I guess skirts are my favorite 🙂
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?
During a race, I might use Gatorade, but I mostly depend on water. Post-run, I love chocolate milk!
5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?
I run much better in the cold. So, as much as I hate it, I definitely have to say cold.
6. Running Shoe Brands: Saucony, Mizuno, Nike, Brooks, Asics or Other?
7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or other?
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
On the treadmill, definitely. Running alone, never. Racing, sometimes.
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or other?
I love what running has brought into my life. The fitness, the confidence, the people and the ability to do things I never imagined. I have never regretted a single workout. I have never regretted this journey.