(Back from Mexico- it was AMAZING! I’ll be posting photos later this week.)
I write a lot of these posts. Not sure if they belong on a fitness/health/running blog but this year I decided this is also a life blog. And on my life blog, the lessons belong! The first lesson on this list is a lesson I only learned this year, unfortunately. Had I learned it earlier I may have saved myself a lot of grief. Anyway, on the plane ride home I started thinking about this very notion and it got me thinking about how many lessons we learn, or re-learn, every day. For example, I had to learn number three way too early in life and have been reminded far too many times. I am still working on number six and I often have to remind myself of nine and eleven. When I was in my teen’s, I thought I would have it all figured out in my 20’s; in my 20’s, I thought I would have it all figured out in my 30’s. I am so not naive enough to think now that I’ll have it all figured out in my 40’s or 50’s…or ever. Why? Well, see number thirteen!
1. No reason to stay is a good reason to go.
2. If you really want something, you’ll make time for it.
3. Life can be taken in a matter of moments.
4. Reading is fundamental.
5. Invest in your health.
6. You are allowed to say no. You can also change your mind.
7. A gut feeling is not just a euphemism.
8. There is something really special about a handwritten note.
9. Sometimes, not getting what you want can be a blessing.
10. Rest days are important.
11. You cannot avoid tough decisions.
12. Money is better spent on experiences rather than possessions.
13. No one has it all figured out. No one.
I would love to hear some of your life lessons!