- You’ll notice I did not post an MBE this week. Or maybe you won’t. Either way, it was a good run but all good things must come to an end. The truth is, there was so little participation and it was becoming increasingly difficult to keep up with, that it became somewhat of a distraction. I simply have too much going on, and too many things I want to blog about.
- On Mothers Day, I worked at BFG for 12 hours!!! 12! And worse, I fell right before my shift started. I was taking the wine glasses out to the bar and the roller they were stacked on gave out. Seven racks of wine glasses began to tumble and as I tried to save them and hold them up, I went down in a split with the racks on top of me. I don’t think I have done a split since I was little! I actually thought I hurt my leg, but turns out it was my back. I don’t think it is anything major, but still…ouch!
- Ran 5 miles today Yes, even with the back pain! That was my second consecutive 5-miler that went fabulous! My legs are holding up (thank goodness) and my endurance has been great. Best of all my speed is getting better and better!
- The next two weekends are going to be crazy busy, but also so much fun. This weekend, I have a surprise party for a friend (won’t write the name, I have no idea who reads my blog!) and a wedding for one of my closest teammates. The following weekend, I am taking R2 to Lancaster for his birthday. We are staying two nights at a B&B and I am taking him to the Lancaster Brewery for dinner and a tour (which he doesn’t know about yet) of the brewery. I am so looking forward to some quality time with him. And yes, I am an amazing girlfriend
- I am posting a poll on the right side of my blog- I am looking for a new car. I currently drive a Toyota Corolla, which I love. It has been good to me but I have always wanted a Honda Civic. I am conflicted. The cars are somewhat similar in size, gas mileage and even price. I have also been throwing the idea of the Chevy Cruze around because it’s American and lower in price. I don’t like that it replaces the Cobalt which was a bomb but I had a Cavalier for my first car which was in my family for like 15 years so I know they can make good cars that last long. I’ll take any advice I can get on the Cruze and the Civic if you have any. The poll is just for fun- help me pick my new car
- As many of you noted in my last post, my spirits are high and I am in a really good place right now. The only thing in my life I wish I could change is my job. Since I have so much good in my life outside of work, I feel like I can get through 8 hours a day. Plus, I know how lucky I am to have a job in the first place!
- I have been noticing more and more people are running the Philadelphia Half & Marathon in November! I’ll be staying in the city (even though I live 20 mins away!) and would love to do a bloggy meet-up. I am thinking the afternoon of the expo, maybe designating a place for drinks/apps? I am in the city a lot and know quite a few good places. If this sparks enough interest, I will work on putting something together.
- I have decided on my second fall half-marathon. I am going to run the Newport-Liberty Half on Sunday, September 25. It is cheap, mostly flat and fairly close to home for me. My friend lives pretty close and is running it with me, so travel will be relatively easy. Anyone ever run this race? Anyone planning to?
Ok interwebs, back to work for me. Hope to catch up on my reader this week since I won’t be around this weekend! Hope everyone is having a great week!