Week In Review; 1/25-1/31
- Running– 12.8 miles for the week. Wednesday– 3.2 miles @ 10:30 pace. Treadmill. Just a nice easy jog/run. The run itself was great but I had to go to the LA Fitness by my parents house and I hate it there! Friday– 2 miles @ 10:28 pace. Treadmill. Same story as Wednesday. Sunday– 7.6 miles @ 11:07 pace. Outside!!! First outside run in what feels like forever. It was cold (18degrees with wind chill of 6degrees kind of cold) but I didn’t even care, it was wonderful! Cold…but wonderful!
- Biking- 30 minutes on the stationary bike Saturday. I kind of half-assed this; I read my USAT magazine and just pedaled along @ about a 13.5 avg/mile. Lame.
- Strength training– Lifted 15 minutes Wednesday and 25 minutes Saturday. Focused on lower back and shoulders.
- Cross training– Elliptical- 15 minutes on Wednesday and 20 minutes on Saturday.
- Abs challenge– 450 for the week. Not perfect, but a vast improvement from last week.
Weekly High: Running outside this morning. I almost ran inside but one of my goals for the year was to take on the cold and this was a good opportunity. It was such a challenge between the cold, snow and slush and I am so proud of myself for getting it done! Sometime this week, there will be a full post with photos about today’s run!
Weekly Low: Still struggling to get into a schedule now that I am back home. No spin class again, I missed pilates and I am not cross training as much as I had hoped.
- I am toying with the idea of driving to my old gym that I was in love with just because I know I will be happier there. It is a 25 minute drive from my parents but it might be worth it considering how much I hate the one by their house. I mean, I will deal with it when I am rushed for time or if I just want to swim some laps, but for hard-core indoor workouts I might begin traveling a bit.
- Can you believe January is over already- holy cow time flies!! I am so excited for my trip to Florida in 3 weeks and for my first half-marathon of 2010!!
- My Tri team had its annual expo today and it was a HUGE success!!! So many people came out and we had a lot of great vendors there as well. I feel so lucky to be part of something so positive in the triathlon world! And being there talking with all my teammates makes me even more excited for my season to begin!
- I am officially out of the old apartment (and now I have BNL playing in my head) after doing the final cleaning this weekend. It is an adjustment for sure, but things are going well.
Three things I am grateful for this week:
- Ice Packs at work- pretty convenient that I work in a school where the nurse can supply me with ice packs for my legs when I come to work right from a run! Pretty much I just sit at my desk with ice packs tied around my legs. I should take a photo sometime because this is something I know all your runners can appreciate.
- Full nights sleep- I am getting full nights sleep again since I don’t have a crazy lady awake all night living above me!! I get to bed at a decent time, sleep through the night and I feel less-stressed and much more energized!
- Warmth- With the sub-freezing temps I am once again reminded how lucky I am for the small things, like a heated home. There are many people without places to live and/or without heat. I know shelters/churches/hospitals etc do what they can to ensure saftey for those in the elements but it saddens me that anyone has to live such a way. I am so very grateful that I am afforded a warm home with a warm bed.
Quote of the week: “Running: No half times, no time outs, no substitutions. It must be the only true sport.”